Potatoes have an extremely high requirement for phosphorus in the first 60 days of growth, along with a critical need for boron, magnesium and zinc. All these nutrients play a role in the production of new growth and the development of roots and energy for plant growth. Research has shown that phosphorus levels in the plant must start out high and be maintained in the petiole throughout the season until bulking.
THE ALPINE ADVANTAGE GIVES YOUR POTATO CROP A HIGHLY AVAILABLE SOURCE OF THESE NUTRIENTS IN THE EARLY STAGES OF GROWTH.
- Maximizes available phosphorus and soluble potash required for top yields
- Better flavour and longer shelf life
- Earlier to market potential, and better shipping quality
- Tank mixes with insecticides and post-spray applications
- Safe on plant foliage
- Uniform coverage
- Clean, easy handling, non-corrosive solutions
GO WITH THE LEADER: ALPINE
- Highest quality liquid starter fertilizers
- Quality, precision placement, seed safe
- Low impurities
- Low salt
- True solution N-P-K
- Orthophosphate (available phosphorus)
- Highly soluble
ALPINE liquid starters and foliars have a neutral pH and are low in both salt index and impurities. These features of our liquid starters enable the product to be placed directly with the seed at planting time. Placement with the wheat seed allows the available phosphorus to be taken up at the critical early stages of growth to maximize yield potential.
Applying available nutrients of ALPINE foliar fertilizer on the plant foliage allows for immediate absorption into the plant in a very short period of time. This immediate uptake promotes better plant health and increased yield potential.
ALPINE liquid starters and foliars contain a high level of orthophosphate. Orthophosphate is immediately available to the plant during the critical early stages of growth. Plants can only take up phosphorus in the orthophosphate form.