- After using ALPINE storage tanks, for water from a creek or pond, rinse with javex or chlorine before putting ALPINE fertilizer in the container. This stops the growth of algae in the fertilizer.
- Maximum 2 litres of any combination of micros per acre with ALPINE on the seed, especially when seeding canola or other sensitive crops.
- Use three-way valve on storage depot system where 28% and Sulphur is stored, to ensure limited contamination of Alpine product.
- Always apply the recommended rate of ALPINE.
- Ensure that the ALPINE product is placed in the seed track with the seed. Tube placement is critical for optimum results.
- EDTA Chelates are the only micronutrient product compatible with ALPINE. All others need to have a “jar test” done before mixing.
- If you lose pump prime, loosen an end twist lock cap on one air manifold to bleed.
- Clean re-furbished steel storage tanks after first year of use, then every 3 years after. Re-furbished tanks out of the oil field seem to have a build up on the walls and the ALPINE will clean it off the walls and it will settle to the bottom of tanks. After that they seem to stay cleaner.
- Calibrate equipment every year.
- Do not mix liquid Sulphur with ALPINE fertilizer.
- Liquid calcium products & ALPINE don’t mix! VERY MESSY!! Do not even use the same transfer pump without triple rinsing first.
- ALPINE is NOT COMPATIBLE with 28% UAN Nitrogen. DO NOT MIX.
- No Magnesium with ALPINE on soybeans.
- No ALPINE on super sweet varieties of sweet corn where organic matter is under 2%.
- Avoid running tank or drill empty because air in the pumping system could give re-priming problems.
- Do not use Aluminum, Galvanized or Brass ball valves in any situation with ALPINE. They will corrode & fail.
- Looking for 3-4 tickets to Crop Connect Conference in Winnipeg next week...DM or call/text 1-204-823-4667 if you have any available.
Use Alpine Starter Fertilizer and the 4 R's for faster seeding, uniform emergence, great root growth, and higher yields. Click here to see how.
- For a Western Canadian perspective hosted weekly by different DSM's follow @ALPINEprairie
Come down to CPS (Booth A86) Jan 8-11 and MB Ag Days (Booth 251 UTC Pavilion) Jan 16-18 and see the ALPINE liquid system/injector at work! Your ALPINE DSM will be there to discuss how you can add bushels and $$$ to your farm! #WCCPS #agdays18 #westcdnag #MBAg #saskag #agriculture
Request an ALPINE Phazed Nutrition Program Handbook and increase your productivity #plant18