ALPINALPI-002Product Reference Sheet SDS
Total Nitrogen (N)
Product Properties Weight 10.52 lbs/gal Specific gravity 1.26 pH 6.0-7.0 Appearance dark blue liquid Odor may have slight ammonia odor
ALPINE MicroBolt CuTM micronutrient is manufactured by utilizing the highest quality raw materials to provide a very agronomically efficient source of plant available Copper. The chelate used is compatible with high orthophosphate products. ALPINE MicroBolt Cu micronutrient delivers:
- Maximum plant nutrient solubility - in furrow or foliar
- Minimal salt index
- No application equipment corrosion
- Compatibility with most other liquid fertilizers
- Tank mixable with most pesticides
- Low impurities
Application Rate: Use 1/4 to 1 qt/ac either in furrow or as a foliar spray.
Optimum rate of application will vary between fields, depending on soil pH and organic matter content. Product should be used on the basis of soil and/or tissue analysis.
DO NOT use at flag leaf stage in cereals
Maximum of 2 qt/ac of any combination of micronutrients when mixed with a seed placed starter fertilizer.
Role of Copper
- Copper is important in plant disease prevention - Plant diseases i.e. : net blotch, ergot and pig tailing
- Copper affects lignin building qualities and is crucial in preventing lodging
- Copper is important as a co-enzyme
- Copper greatly affects kernel size and kernel weight
- Copper and other micro deficiencies are enhanced by too much up-front NITROGEN early in spring
- The window of opportunity to correct a Copper deficiency lasts until just before heading
Copper Soil Availability
- 0.9 - 1.2 ppm in soil test is medium amount
Copper in the Leaf
Sufficiency tissue test ranges in ppm
- Canola: 4 - 12
- Small grains: 6 - 15
- Peas: 10 - 30
- Corn @ tasseling: 6 - 20
- Soybeans: 8 - 20
For more specific guidelines, consult with your authorized ALPINE Dealer or ALPINE District Sales Manager for fertility recommendations.
applicationmethod micronutrient nutrients.nitrogen 0.111 micronutrients.copper y