Micro7Product Reference Sheet MSDS
Total Nitrogen (N)
Product Properties Weight 1.32 kg/L Specific gravity 1.32 kg/L pH 6.0 - 6.8 Appearance light pink / red liquid Odor slightly musty
ALPINE MicroBolt Mn micronutrient is manufactured by utilizing the highest quality raw materials to provide a very agronomically efficient source of plant available Manganese. The chelate used is compatible with high orthophosphate products. ALPINE MicroBolt Mn micronutrient delivers:
- Maximum plant nutrient solubility - in furrow or foliar
- Minimal salt index
- No application equipment corrosion
- Compatibility with most other liquid fertilizers
- Tank mixable with most pesticides
- Low impurities
Application Rate: Use 1/2 to 1 Litre/ac either in furrow or as a foliar spray.
Optimum rate of application will vary between fields, depending on soil pH and organic matter content. Product should be used on the basis of soil and/or tissue analysis.
Maximum of 2L/ac of any combination of micronutrients when mixed with a seed placed starter fertilizer.
Role of Manganese
- Manganese assists Iron in Chlorophyll production
- Catalyst in oxidation-reduction process
- Manganese affects lignin building qualities and is critical in preventing lodging and disease
- Manganese is crucial when growing oats
- Glyphosate has been linked to Manganese deficiencies
- With glyphosate translocating with the root mass of weeds and RR crops thus leaking into the root rhizosphere, this immobilizes Manganese which is required for the growth of many plants
- Without Manganese, there is no seed production (i.e. seedless grapes, oranges have no Manganese)
Manganese Soil Availability
- Manganese is not available when soils are cold in spring because Manganese starts out in the Mn4+ state, must convert to the Mn3+ state and then convert to the Mn2+ state to be available to the plant. The fungus "Take-all" root rot oxidizes early Manganese availability, reducing lignification of roots, making them more susceptible to infections. This is where a GREAT SEED TREATMENT WORKS.
- Reduced lignifications also can create lodging problems
- Foliar, seed-placed treatments with Manganese are ways to correct Mn deficiencies but seed-treated and seed-placed treatments are preferable.
- 9 - 12 ppm in soil test is medium amount
Manganese in the Leaf
Sufficiency tissue test ranges in ppm
- Canola: 60 - 110
- Small grains: 30 - 60
- Peas: 40 - 70
- Corn @ tasseling: 30 - 100
- Soybeans: 35 - 100
For more specific guidelines, consult with your authorized ALPINE Dealer or ALPINE District Sales Manager for fertility recommendations.
micronutrients.manganese 4 applicationMethod Micronutrient