Speciality4Product Reference Sheet MSDS
Total Nitrogen (N) 0.289 Available Phosphate (P2O5) 0.0 Soluble Potash (K2O) 0.0 Calcium (Ca)grams/L 160.1
ALPINE N-Cal® is an excellent source of nitrogen and calcium for high value crops. The nitrate form of nitrogen contained in ALPINE N-Cal is readily available for plant utilization to provide fast, controlled growth responses. It also improves the soil uptake of potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Calcium is often referred to as the King of Nutrients due to its importance in cell wall structure. Without adequate levels of calcium in the plant cell walls would break down and lead to plant death.
Role of Calcium in the Plant
- Key to cell wall structure
- Instrumental in cell division and elongation
- Enzyme activity
- Regulation of nutrient flow in the roots and in plant cells
- Regulation of leaf stomata which aids in reducing heat stress
- Instrumental in limiting plant disease infesctions
- Influences fruit ripening
- Increases self-life of many vegetables crops
- Increases nitrogen use efficiency of urea by reducing ammonia losses
Field and Row Crops:
Soil applied - 4-8 L/ac
Foliar Applied - 2-4L/ac
Soil applied - 4-8L/ac
Foliar applied - 1-2L/ac
Soil applied - 4-8L/ac
Foliar applied - 2-8L/ac
Soil and tissue testing should be conducted to determine the best application rate. Multiple foliar applications are often required for best results.
- Fast uptake of Nitrogen
- Highly soluble calcium for fast plant uptake
- Non corrosive
- Tank mixable with many crop protection products
- High quality and solubility ideal for fertigation and drip applications
- Improves uptake of magnesium and potassium
When mixing ALPINE N-Cal with other products perform a jar test to ensure physical product compatibility.
Warning: this product is very sensitive to small amounts of phophate of sulphate. Ensure your handling equipment does not have any phosphate or sulphate residues. Ensure your UAN was not shipped to you in a container which was previously used for a phosphate or sulphate fertilizers unless it has been thoroughly cleaned beforehand. Small residuesamounts will cause product to form precipitates and plug sprayer nozzles.
For more specific guidelines, consult with your authorized ALPINE Dealer or ALPINE District Sales Manager for fertility recommendations.
applicationMethod Speciality nutrients.nitrogen 0.289 nutrients.phosphate 0.0 nutrients.potash 0.0 nutrient.calcium 160.1