Plant Uptake of the Phosphate
Plants absorb P as Orthophosphate ions H2P04- and HP042- Polyphosphates are a chain link molecule of orthos and are not available to the plant until conversion.
Source: Farm Facts –Phosphorous fertilization in crop production and TVA.
Super Phosphoric Acid (SPA) combined with NH3
Processed through a Pipe Reactor = 10-34-0 or 11-37-0
- Chain Link Molecule of Orthophosphate
- Unavailable to the plant in that form
- Must convert to orthophosphate
- Time and Temperature
White and Green Orthophosphate acid, KOH, Aqua Ammonia, APP and water
- Chemically combined to form MKP, DKP, MAP and DAP
- Hot mix reaction – Chemically combining the raw materials
- MKP – very soluble and highly available
- Neutralized to virtually non corrosive state.
|(11.7 lbs/gal) x (0.34) = 3.978 lbs P2O5/gallon
times 5 gal/A
Equals 19.89 lbs P2O5/A
|(12.82 lbs/gal) x (0.22) = 2.82 lbs P2O5/gallon
times 4 gal/A
Equals 11.3 lbs P2O5/A
5.97 lbs/A in the Ortho-phosphate form
7.9 lbs/A in the Ortho-phosphate form
13.92 lbs/A in the Poly-phosphate form
3.4 lbs/A in the Poly-phosphate form
|Even after 30 days, with a soil pH of 7.2, 50% of the phosphate will still
be in the Poly-Phosphate form, being unavailable for the crop to utilize.
- high impurities
- high viscosity, hard meter evenly
|- includes Micro package
- no urea
- low salt index, guaranteed seed safe
- low impurity level
- product storability
- low viscosity
The form of Phosphorus taken up by the plant
|Higher levels of impurities
Not immediately available
Must convert in soil to the Orthophosphate before the plant can use it
Good carrier for micronutrients
Featured Product All
ALPINE G22 is applied in the seed furrow for maximum plant benefits. Its formulation is low in salt, and impurities; making it seed safe for even the most sensitive crops.
- Looking for 3-4 tickets to Crop Connect Conference in Winnipeg next week...DM or call/text 1-204-823-4667 if you have any available.
Use Alpine Starter Fertilizer and the 4 R's for faster seeding, uniform emergence, great root growth, and higher yields. Click here to see how.
- For a Western Canadian perspective hosted weekly by different DSM's follow @ALPINEprairie